NEBS only sanctions grilling contests. We do not sanction barbecue contests. If you are an event organizer who is looking for help with a grilling contest in the NEBS area, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No, NEBS does not organize any type of cooking competition.
NEBS only lists barbecue and grilling-related events on our calendar. This could include contests, classes, or charity events. The listing cost is $50. For more information, contact us: email@example.com.
A one year membership costs $35 for an individual, or $40 for a family (two people). Click here to join.
When we transitioned to the new NEBS web site, all of our old login information was lost. You will have an opportunity to create a new membership when you renew your membership. You can do that by clicking here. We apologize for the inconvenience.
There are many benefits for NEBS members. Here are just a few of those benefits:
- A subscription to The National Barbecue News, a monthly newspaper covering BBQ activities around the world. The NEBS newsletter can be found in every issue of The National Barbecue News.
- Discounted rates to enter our grilling and barbecue competitions.
- Discounted rates to attend our cooking and judging schools.
- Road trips to local restaurants with other NEBS members at special rates.
- Opportunities to contribute your time and talent to numerous local charities.
- Being part of the best barbecue community in the world, and discovering friendships that will last a lifetime!
The Northeast Barbecue Society (NEBS) was founded to promote the traditions, lifestyle, and skills associated with barbecuing, slow smoking, cold smoking and grilling.
NEBS offers classes related to barbecuing and outdoor cooking, performs cooking demos, and promote barbecue and barbecue traditions through publications, contests, and social gatherings. We help to connect barbecue contest organizers and competitors throughout the region, and support them by defining fair and impartial rules for running barbecue and outdoor cooking competitions.
NEBS is supported primarily through membership dues and donations to the organization. We are an all volunteer organization with hundreds of members throughout the northeastern United States.
NEBS focuses on an area includes Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont, but anyone is welcome to join NEBS. NEBS will sanction and/or list contests anyplace in the United States.