“Our Coals Help Souls”
The Northeast Barbecue Society is privileged to have the opportunity to help with fund-raisers and charitable causes throughout the US, with a special focus on the northeast. In addition to cooking and serving barbecue to veterans, the elderly or to those less fortunate, we are pleased to donate our time and efforts and to make monetary contributions to many organizations and individuals in the BBQ community in their time of need.
We are a tax exempt 501(c)3 public charity.
Before making donations, the NEBS Charity Committee researches charitable causes and organizations to ensure that the donations are used wisely and that the majority of the money goes directly to the cause as opposed to administrative costs, overhead, etc.
The NEBS Charity Committee then makes recommendations to the NEBS Board of Directors regarding which charities to donate funds too, as well as the amounts of donations, and upon approval, the donations are made.
Just some of the types of charities NEBS supports:
- BBQ-Related charities, or those that involve people within the BBQ community
- Local causes within the United States, preferably in New England
- Veteran’s causes
- Disaster relief
- The Elderly
- Youth Organizations
- Cooking-Related Scholarships
Proceeds from all NEBS merchandise sales help to support our charitable mission, so when you’re out at a NEBS event, (or right here on this website) remember to get yourself a hat, a t-shirt or other apparel.
NEBS merchandise makes great gifts as well!
We are currently able to accept donations to the NEBS Charity Committee using our online checkout when you renew your membership. In the future, we hope to be able to accept donations individually.
If you have a group or organization that you believe NEBS should discuss in relation to making a charitable donation or assisting in a charitable way, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Listed below are some of the charities that NEBS has supported. To make a donation directly to one of these specific charities, or to learn more about them, please refer to the information below:
- Lake Placid/Wilmington Connecting Youth and Communities
- Operation BBQ Relief
- Angels In America
- Brookline Fire Department Association
NEBS also works directly with other organizations by cooking and providing food; some of the groups we are working with this year include – see our calendar for more information:
- Veteran’s Homestead – on Saturday, July 1, 2017 we will be cooking and providing meals – for more information on how you can get involved
- Tyler Ride – Saturday, July 8, 2017 – we will prepare BBQ for a motorcycle run – you can help by participating in the poker run or by volunteering with cooking and serving
- American Heroes Motorcycle Run – June 24, 2017 – assistance in cooking and serving in Burlington, MA – NEBS will also be making a donation to one of the charities they are supporting
We also may have some additional opportunities to help out with more charitable organizations. Please watch the page for updates.
Want to get more involved? Contact our Charity Committee! We are always looking for assistance.